Birthday Parties at the Sacramento History Museum
With its fascinating exhibits and hands-on activities, the Sacramento History Museum is a unique and exciting birthday party venue. Children of all ages (yes, adults... that means you too!) are welcome to join us for a fun and educational celebration!
The Party Includes
- The Party Room, with space for 24 guests of all ages. You bring the decorations and refreshments of your choice. You will have exclusive use of the party room for one hour.
- A free gift for the birthday guest of honor, your child will treasure their very own "Blazer," a plush toy representing one of the famous Pony Express horses.
- The Museum Galleries are open for your guests to enjoy.
Additional Party Options
- Gold Panning: Add a docent-led gold panning experience to your party for only $3 per guest! Learn how to pan for gold and other minerals, the difference between real gold and fool's gold, and everyone gets to keep their loot! Price includes souvenir vials for each guest.
- Print Shop: For only $2 per guest, find out how the world learned about the discovery of gold before television, radio, or the Internet! Learn how newspapers were produced on our 1850's era operational hand press. Plus, if you send us a guest list one week prior to your party, each guest will receive their very own "Wanted" poster, printed especially for them!
To Book Your Party
Please call (916)808-7059 or E-mail email@example.com to book your party or for more information.
- Availability: Parties are available daily at 10:00, 12:00, or 2:00.
- Cost: $100 for HOSF/SHM Members. $145 for Non-Members(Includes the cost of a family membership for one year; membership packet will be available for pick-up on the day of the party.) Payment in full is required at the time of reservation. No party dates will be held without full payment.
- Cancellation Policy: All birthday party cancellations will incur a $45 cancellation fee. Parties cancelled with less than two weeks notice will not be refunded. You may reschedule your party once for no additional cost.
- Capacity: Sacramento History Museum birthday parties can accommodate a maximum of 24 guests, including adults, children, and infants.
- Party Rules:
- Please remember, no lit candles are allowed at the Sacramento History Museum. (No one wants the sprinkler system to rain on their party!)
- Please keep your refreshments in the party room to preserve our exhibits for all to enjoy.
- All children need adult supervision while in the museum. For everyone's safety, please stay with your children at all times.